When I came home from a long day of getting my second opinion and hospital pre-registration, I felt a sense of relief. I had chosen Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, and selected my surgeon and plastic surgeon. I asked them to schedule my surgery after Easter and after my husband's graduation from nursing school later that month. Several big decisions had been made, and I felt completely satisfied with my choices. Although the long day had exhausted me, I felt a peaceful calm. The next thing on my to-do list was to wait on the results on my genetic testing to see if I carried the BRCA gene. If I did carry the gene, I definitely would choose a double mastectomy. If I didn't carry it, the decision would be a little more complicated. As with any medical test results, I wanted to know, but at the same time I didn't want to know. March 2016 was a very busy, stressful time for me. I worked at a consignment sale, which took lots of time. Sadly, the health of one of my dogs, whom had been with me 14 years, declined dramatically. I made the agonizing decision to have her euthanized. When I tell you that having her put to sleep was one of my most painful experiences, I mean it. I cried and cried. To this day, I miss her very much. On a happy note, my husband graduated LPN school, and my daughter had spring break.